Adjustable Bases vs Standard Box Springs Comparison
Depending on your sleeping habits, style preferences, and budget, a standard box spring or an adjustable base may be best for you. Check out all the different features, benefits, and prices between adjustable bases and box springs below!
Adjustable Base Benefits
Adjustable beds are beneficial to all types of sleepers; those looking to maximize comfort, reduce medical issues or injury, reduce snoring, and much more. An adjustable bed base lifts the top and/or bottom of the mattress (the head and foot sections) between 40 and 70 degrees, creating a more comfortable shape. Adjustable base benefits include:
- Easier to read a book, use a laptop, or watch TV in bed.
- Ability to raise your feet and head up to a customized sleeping position, beneficial for a back sleeper.
- Great additional options for recovery or relaxation, such as massage features.
- Elevating your head can help alleviate sinus issues, acid reflux, snoring, and more for a better night's sleep for you and your partner.
- Ability to elevate your legs to help sports injuries, sprained ankle, and circulation problems.
- Elderly people enjoy adjustable bases to make it easier and safer to get in and out of bed.
- Additionally, adjustables are great for customizable sleeping positions with partners. Different adjustments can be set on both sides to allow for different sleep settings in some bases.
Adjustable Base Features
Adjustable bases offer multiple feature options for whatever your needs may be. Adjustable base features include:
- The ability to raise the head and/or feet up, creating the best position for reading, watching tv, or any medically beneficial position.
- Massage feature, some models include multiple massage features. You can control the intensity of the massage, and even change the pattern of the massage.
- Memory positions, some models have the ability to save your favorite position and return to it whenever you’d like.
- Remote control, remotes will be hardwired to the bed or can be wireless for easy access to whatever setting you're looking for at a touch of a button.
Compatible Adjustable Base Mattresses
The most important thing to consider when choosing an adjustable mattress is its flexibility and durability. Adjustable beds will bend and flex, memory foam and latex mattresses are usually the best choice to use with an adjustable bed because they’re flexible. Companies that use high-quality foam and materials will maintain its support and durability.
Adjustable Bases Prices
Explore our full line of adjustable foundations for your mattress. Adjustable foundations replace the traditional box spring setup and can be paired with most headboards. Nearly all of the mattresses we carry here at American Mattress are compatible with an adjustable bed unless otherwise noted. Find the perfect adjustable for you with our team!
Tempur-Pedic UP Adjustable Base, Queen $1,499.99.
The TEMPUR-UP™ Foundation is the perfect upgrade from a flat foundation. Raise the head of the foundation, in virtually infinite number of positions, for reading, working on your laptop, or watching TV. Control your movement using the simple-to-use wired remote. Also featuring a 15-Year Limited Warranty for years of worry-free use.
Rize Contempo Adjustable Bed Frame, Queen $1,899.99.
Designed to provide customized comfort and support for everything you do in bed, customizing the adjustment of the head and foot of the mattress can provide optimal sleep comfort based on your body’s unique needs. Features wireless hand remote, under bed “Room Glow” LED night, backup battery system, and more.
EASE Adjustable Foundation, Queen $799.00.
EASE® 2.0 has all the features you need in a power base, for custom comfort. With nearly unlimited ergonomic head and foot positions and presets for customized comfort, the EASE® is an essential part of a complete and seamless sleep experience. Warranty includes Full Coverage: 3 Year Parts & Labor, Full Coverage: 5 Year for Parts Only, and Full Coverage: 25 Year Frame Warranty.
Box Spring Benefits
Benefits of a box spring can be look, price, feel, and warranty. Box springs prevent the mattress from sagging and support it properly, dispersing body weight evenly across the foundation. They add support and absorb body weight, which extends the life of the mattress. Some mattress warranties require the use of a box spring because of this as an adjustable bed may cause more damage due to their unconventional positions and strain. Box spring benefits include:
- Height makes it easier to slide out of bed.
- Absorbs body weight and extends the life of the mattress.
- Support of a box spring prevents the mattress from sagging.
- Design style preferred by traditional decor lovers.
- Price, box springs affordable and generally universally function with any type of mattress.
Box Spring Prices
American Mattress offers a wide variety of box springs at great prices. Choose from Simmons, Sealy, or Tempur-Pedic brand box springs to complete your bed foundation. Protect your mattress investment with the right foundation for your mattress. Each foundation is constructed to provide your new mattress with the right support to prevent sagging of your mattress as well as giving you the right height for your new bed. Complete your new bed with the support right for you and your mattress.
Simmons BeautySleep Triton Lite Box Spring, Queen $168.00.
Constructed using high-grade wood and steel struts for maximum support by skilled professionals in the United States. The BeautySleep Foundation prevents sagging of your mattress. Foundation comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Simmons Beautyrest Triton Box Spring, Queen $210.00.
Constructed of high-grade wood and steel struts, the Triton Foundation features an exclusive center Power Beam to reinforce the span in the middle of the bed.
Simmons Mini WF Box Spring, Queen $210.00.
This Platinum foundation features an exclusive center Power Beam down the middle of the frame. This special beam made of high-quality wood and strong steel struts, helps to prevent sagging and bowing when used with the proper supportive bed frame, for the life of the foundation. It comes with a 10-year warranty for your protection as the consumer and is proudly made in the USA.
Sealy Posturepedic SX Box Spring, Queen $218.00.
This Sealy Posturepedic foundation will help to stop your mattress from bowing or sagging, extending the life of your mattress. Foundation comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Tempur-Pedic High Box Spring, Queen $300.00.
This High Box Spring from Tempur-Pedic will give your mattress and your sleep comfort and stability it deserves. Experience true comfort and pick up the High Box Spring today.
The decision to purchase a box spring or an adjustable base is dependent on your lifestyle needs. If you're looking for a more basic and more affordable option, standard box springs are perfect for you. If you want something multifunctional with a multitude of features and benefits, going for an adjustable bases may just be right for you! Either way, shop American Mattress for great prices today on all adjustable bases and standard box springs!